HERO-Defender+ – Complete HIPAA/HITECH Compliance, Secure-Cloud, Data Server Software
You supply the server and the Defender+ (BYOB-Bring your own Box) software offers a complete HIPAA/HITECH compliant solution which creates a 100% copy of the entire server providing organizations with the utmost in Business Continuity. Defender+ is a high availability solution with local (on-premise) and HERO Secure-Cloud (off-site) storage, protection and 7 year retention. In the event of server failure, the Defender+ (exact copy of Server) takes over the role of the disabled server within a few minutes allowing for no business disruption.
Should a failure occur, the Appliance takes over as the production servers in a matter of minutes allowing for business continuity with virtually no downtime and data-loss. The goal of every company should be to provide for the utmost in business continuity at an affordable price since most consider that a server failure will never happen to them. So, the investment must be reasonable, easy to use and worry free as it’s your data “insurance plan”.
HEROware offers you complete Peace of Mind with these great features:
- Defender+ lets you perform a test failover with one click. When selected from the monitor screen, the “Test Failover” function pauses all replication, starts the replica virtual machine and begins the test failover process.
- The VSS Snapshot feature uses state awareness to take automatic point-in-time snapshots of protected data as data moves from a “known” to an “unknown” state, ensuring that the administrator has at least a “known-good” copy of protected data from which to recover.
- Built in user defined backups with easy to retreive portal, based on time (up to 10 years) and versions (up to 99).
- Protect multiple production servers.
- Protect any production physical/virtual Server running a Microsoft Windows Server OS to a Defender+ running Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Data is replicated directly into the Defender+ virtual machine’s virtual disk, which means that the Defender+ virtual machine can remain powered off until it is needed for a failover.
- User-defined controls within the Defender+ can limit the amount of available network bandwidth it can use for data replication.
- Defender+ is the only host-based replication solution that provides multilevel intelligent compression.
With many layers of replication and redundancy, the HEROware solution allows for no single point of failure with high availability and backup.
Print out the specifications of our Hybrid Data Protection and Recovery Solution.
HEROware gives you an option to purchase Defender+ as a one-time purchase or on a monthly subscription plan.
Defender+ Requirements: User brings their own MSFT OS with Hyper-V or purchases MSFT Server 2008 R2 from HEROware. HEROware Software Stack includes: Double-Take’s Real-Time Replication Engine (maximized for HEROware), HERO-RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management Agent with connection to the HERO-RMM Server) and Secure-Backup Server and Secure-Backup Client (creates an additional level of backup (for granular recovery of files and folders) locally and in the HEROware Secure-Cloud. HEROware sells the Secure-Backup clients separately per device backed-up.
The Defender+ allows you to use your existing 64 bit Server (4GB per Server Protected and appropriate storage) as the HERO-Defender, allowing you to save money, use existing equipment and get all the advantages that the HEROware Backup and Disaster Recovery solution has to offer.